• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SETTING UP DOWNLOAD SITE FOR YOUR SERVER

Setting up A Download Site

First you need to acquire a download site. If you own a website, you can typically use that as your download site, otherwise you will need to purchase a download site from another web provider. You would be wise to find one with unlimited web storage space as well as unlimited Bandwidth.

Here are the steps to setting up your download site.

1. You need to gain access to your web sites control panel.

2. Go into the option titled File Manager.

3. Choose, and open the folder called public_html

4. Once inside that folder create a folder called cod4

5. Open folder called cod4

6. Create 2 folder inside there, call the first folder mods and the second folder usermaps.

7. Open folder called mods and create a folder called modernpaintball......or any other mod that you may be using.

8. Open your modernpaintball folder and upload the file called mod.ff and the file called z_modernpaintball.iwd.

9. Now go back to the folder you called usermaps.

10. Once inside that folder, create a folder that is the exact name of the map that you are using.....ex. mp_pb_forest.
11. Open folder of the map that you are using and upload the 3 files called .ff, .iwd, and _load.ff. For example

mp_pb_forest.ff
mp_pb_forest.iwd
mp_pb_forest_load.iwd

12. This step needs to be repeated for every custom map that you would like to have running on your server.

Your download site is now complete, and you just need to set the server's FTP up as well. Now to set up the redirect for downloading copy this into the servers configuration files.

// Client Download Settings. (0=off/1=on) Used for MODs and custom maps
set sv_allowdownload "1"
seta sv_wwwdownload "1"
seta sv_wwwbaseurl "http://www.YOUR WEBSITES WEB ADDRESS HERE/cod4"
seta sv_wwwdldisconnected "0"

If anyone notices something that I have left out or represented wrong feel free to add to this post....

G

Cool I'm in line for gijoe the movie and when I go home I will check it out . Peace and thanks.

Did you get it figured out?? Was just checking to see if these directions helped you out any??

G

Yeah but I was going. To put an admin program. Rconmax have you used it. Is it a good one. To use with this mod or is there a better way to run a admin.

I have never used RconMax.....I do use the program called ModernRcon v0.8....I like that program, not to say anything bad about RconMax, I just have never used it....

G

I have both so ill try the one you have tonight. Thanks for the help send me your ip for server ill check it out.

G

I go on there 2. That's how I found out about moderpaintball. Do you think that if I run a admin program it would mess up my modernpaintball.cfg file because when I go on rcon max I set up all the maps wepons and so on and at the end they give me server.cfg. filew and wepons file and player file. And I like the way the moderpaintball cfg file is setup. Oh one more thing about the maps the folder that has the moderpaintball maps doent have the basic cod4 maps in it am I suppose to put they in there

No, you do not need to put the stock COD4 maps in the UserMaps folder, they are installed in the game in I believe the Local folder.....You do not need to do anything with the stock maps, they will just be there.

I have never set up my server configuration using the ModernRcon program, I have always edited them on a notepad and then uploaded them....

G

Hello, I am having a tough time trying to get this Pball server up. I followed your directions, but I am almost there! The server is now named COD4Host for some reason, it's not reading the cfg file.

This server is on GameServers, so I'm not sure if it's Linux or Windows.
I have the server setup where I'm using my website to store the maps. However, is capitilization an issue here? The directions above state the folders be named in lower case, but the original folder names of Mods and ModernPaintball are capitalized by first letter. When I run the mod, the server goes offline and you can't connect to it. Does not seem to load. Or now the server is getting named COD4Host with 24 slots when it only has 12 slots.

I have this as the startup config:

+set dedicated 2 +set fs_game mods/modernpaintball +set net_ip 68.232.165.206 +set sv_maxclients 12 +set ui_maxclients 12 +set net_port 28960 +exec modernpaintball.cfg +map_rotate

however, the Mods and ModernPaintball have capital letters in the name on the server. So I tried to match that and still can't connect.

So I put the startup config back to the original state and the server is up with just the 1.7 regular maps.

I'm just testing with one map and I have this:

// First gametype to load
set g_gametype "dm"

// DM -- FREE FOR ALL DEATHMATCH
set sv_mapRotation "gametype dm map mp_pb_sb_a"

The website has this: /public_html/cod4/pball/usermaps/mp_pb_sb_a

the cfg file says this... seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://www.aod-clan.com/cod4/pball"

inside the pball folder is the mods and usermaps folders

I check the console_mp.log file and it seems to not finish the log file...ends half way through a line.

example:

dvar set scr_game_hardpoints 1
dvar set scr_team_fftype 0
dvar set scr_team_teamkillspawndelay 20
dvar set scr_team_kickteamkillers 3
dvar set scr_player_maxhealth 30
dvar set scr_player_suicidespawndelay 0
dvar set scr_playe <------ does not finish?

Anyway, just wondering why this is not working like I was hoping it would. Any suggestions would be helpful. My xfire is mkansas73 if you would like to xfire me. THANKS!

G

Yeah but I was going. To put an admin program. Rconmax have you used it. Is it a good one. To use with this mod or is there a better way to run a admin.
You must be registered to see the link!